Cape Town - Western Province flank Sikhumbuzo Notshe will miss this Saturday's Currie Cup clash against Griquas with an AC joint injury.
The impressive Notshe is not expected to be out for longer than a week, but coach John Dobson does have some loose forward options to replace him.
On replacing Notshe, flank John Dobson told the WP Rugby website: “We have some options with Jurie van Vuuren back to full fitness and someone like Chris Cloete deserves an opportunity after coming off the bench so far. Chris starting would mean Rynhardt Elstadt moving back to No 7, but we’re comfortable either way in our players.”
In other news, Springbok squad member Steven Kitshoff (loosehead prop) and Barbarians representative Nic Groom (scrumhalf) are both available for selection this week.
WP will be eager to get back to winning ways, following back-to-back defeats to the Blue Bulls (47-29, Pretoria) and Free State Cheetahs (28-21, Bloemfontein).
Kick-off for Saturday’s clash at Newlands in scheduled for 17:05.
The full Western Province injury report on Monday:
- Flank Sikhumbuzo Notshe (AC joint) will sit out this weekend with a minor niggle.
- Looshead prop Oli Kebble (hamstring) is still not quite 100% and will sit out this week.
- Scrumhalf Jano Vermaak (finger) is taking a bit longer to recover than initially anticipated and will not be available for the Griquas clash.
- Lock/flank Jurie van Vuuren (shoulder) is training at 100% and will be available for selection for this week.
- Lock Chris van Zyl (knee) is also back at full training and will be available once again.