Lay’s South Africa and Pepsi South Africa #PerfectMatch Hamper Giveaway Competition (Referred to as “the competition” or “#PerfectMatch competition” or “the Giveaway competition”). The Lay’s South Africa #PerfectMatch competition is a Sport24 competition organized by Simba (Pty) Ltd an affiliate company of PepsiCo Inc. (“PepsiCo”) as proprietor of the Lay’s and Pepsi Brands.
1. Please read the competition terms and conditions (“Terms”) carefully. These Terms apply to all persons entering the Giveaway competition (the “Competition”) conducted by Simba (Pty) Ltd, Clearwater Estate Office Park, corner Park & Atlas road, Boksburg, Gauteng 1459, Tel: 011 928 6000 (herein after referred to as the “Promoter”).
2. If you do not agree to be bound to any or all of these Competition Terms contained herein, please do not enter the Competition. Instructions on how to enter this Competition and all prizes form part of these Terms. If you take part in this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and accept that the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable in any form and in particular cannot be exchanged for cash. Entry implies acceptance of these Terms.
3. The Giveaway competition is organized by Simba (Pty) Ltd (“Promoter”), and is open to all citizens and legal residents (provided that entrant is also resident in South Africa at the time of winning and receiving any Prize herein) of South Africa, who at the time of entering the Giveaway competition are over the age of 18 (eighteen) years, and are in possession of a valid South African Identity Document or valid passport (in the case of residents, must also have a valid passport and necessary residency permission), except for any person who is a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant (“Associates”) of the Promoters and/or Simba, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls, is employed by or is controlled by Promoter, and/or immediate family members of Associates, who are indirectly or directly connected to or employed by any party in the aforementioned capacities or relationships, their advertising agencies, manufacturers, distributors or bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to Simba Inc. (“Disqualified Persons”).
4. The Sport24 Perfect Match giveaway will run from 28 April 2016 to 5 May 2016, listed days inclusive. (“Competition Duration”).
5. Entry to the competition is via Sport24 only (entry rules listed on the website: http://www.sport24.co.za/). To stand a chance of winning one of the prizes in the Giveaways, entrants must like the Lay’s South Africa and/or Pepsi South Africa Facebook Pages and/or follow the Pepsi South Africa Twitter account as well as answer the question on the Sport24 website. The links to the social media pages are http://www.facebook.com/layssouthafrica for Lay’s South Africa Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/pepsisouthafrica/?fref=ts for Pepsi South Africa Facebook and https://twitter.com/pepsi_sa for Pepsi South Africa Twitter. The competition post on Sport24 will ask fans to enter by liking the Lay’s and/or Pepsi Facebook pages and/or following the Pepsi pages on Twitter and answering one question on the Sport24 website: http://www.sport24.co.za/. Participants may enter the Competition as many times as they wish. However, participants are only eligible for one Prize under this Giveaway Competition. The Promotors will not be liable for any entries received after the giveaway cut-off date / Competition Duration.
6. There will be a total of 5 (five) winners selected from the entries. The Promoter will conduct a random draw from all entries received, to determine a possible winner. Both email address and cellphone numbers must be supplied by entrants. In order for a possible winner’s particular entry to be confirmed as valid, the Promoter will contact the possible winner via email or cellphone message within 6 weeks of the end of the Competition Duration and conduct a promotional competition verification process. Once the verification process is completed, the winner will be declared and notified after the promotional competition closes. Once the winner has been declared as such, they will be notified by the Promoter how and when to collect the prize. If the winner cannot be reached on the contact information supplied within six weeks, another winner will be chosen instead in the same manner as the first, by way of another random draw.
7. All valid entrants stand a chance to win the following prize: 1 (One) Hamper which will include: 1 (One) Lay’s and Pepsi branded merchandise – make, model, colour and brand of the Promoters choice and Lay’s and Pepsi products or product voucher (hereafter referred to as the “Prize”). The total number of Prizes that can be won nationwide under this promotional competition is 5 (five) with each respective Prize being to the value of R500 (five hundred Rand).
8. The Promoter will not be responsible for any other expenses which the winner may incur as a result of their acceptance and/or use of the Prize, whether foreseen or not.
9. Promoters shall not be responsible for any changes, substitution, withdrawal, cancellation or postponement of any part of the Competition and/or the Prize beyond its reasonable control. Promoters are not obliged to award any other prizes or elements of the Prize in lieu, if the Competition and/or the Prize is cancelled, postponed, substituted, withdrawn, changed or unavailable for a reason beyond the Promoters control.
10. Any person who has won a prize from Simba or the Promoter in the last 24 (twenty four) months (as from the 6th March 2014) may not qualify as a winner under this promotional competition.
11. The winner’s name may be published on Promoters social media sites, and accordingly by participating in this promotional competition, all entrants are deemed to have read and understood the terms and conditions of the social media sites of Facebook and Twitter, Promoters website, and of entrants mobile network service provider (where applicable) and entrants further allow the Promoter permission to publish his/her name and photograph (if applicable) on the Promoters Social Media pages.
12. The winner may be required to appear on any form of media and/or social media, for which no fee will be payable, and subject to the provision that the winner may at any time prior to such marketing appearance, decline the request by the Promoter to do so.
13. The copyright, intellectual property rights, image rights and any other rights vesting in any promotional Competition footage, posts and photographs (whether depicting the winner or not) shall remain the property of the Promoter, who reserves the right to use it in any way.
14. Any participant who transgresses any of these terms and conditions or who acts in any way contrary to the spirit of this promotional competition may be banned from entry into this, or into any other Promoter or Simba promotional competitions, for a period deemed appropriate by Promoter management. Entrants that enter the Competition by way of fraudulent or fake social media (Facebook or Twitter) accounts will be disqualified at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
15. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend or alter the Competition and its rules or Prizes (not already awarded, to any other prize of comparable commercial value) at their own discretion at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion and/or if circumstances arise outside of their control, without prior notice and no entrant shall have recourse for such cancellation or alteration. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions and shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Promoter. No participant shall have any recourse against Promoter as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
16. Entries which are unclear, illegible, are submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism or contain errors or from Disqualified Persons, will be declared invalid. If the Promoter is unable to reach any entrant or complete the verification process after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such entrant will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner as the first draw.
17. The Promoters are not liable for any defect in the Prizes. All ancillary costs, including but not limited to transport, meals, personal and incidental expenses, insurance, government taxes or other fees applicable, are the responsibility of the winner and/or entrants.
18. All entrants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers and Bottlers of beverages identified by the trademarks owned by or licensed to PepsiCo Inc., its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the Prizes).
19. All entrants and participants are advised that in compliance with the laws of the countries in which the Promoters operate, the Promoters are required to retain certain information (where applicable) of participants, entrants and winners for a period of 3 (three) years (“Personal Information”). Such Personal Information to be retained by the Promoters includes (but is not limited to) the full names, identity numbers, contact details and winners acknowledgement of prize receipts. Accordingly the Promoters will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these rules, as well as with the South African Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“Consumer Act”). Should any entrant, participant and/or winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such entrant, participant and/or winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prizes and it shall revert back to the Promoters.
20. All queries in connection with this promotional competition should be directed to Simba’s Customer Care Line – 086 11 00097.
21. A copy of the competition rules is available to the participants and can be viewed under the NOTES section on the Lay’s South Africa Facebook fan page http://www.facebook.com/LaysSouthAfrica and the Pepsi South Africa Facebook fan page https://www.facebook.com/pepsisouthafrica/?fref=ts
22. Disclaimer: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to The Promoter and not to Facebook or Twitter. The information you provide will only be used by The Promoter.