Amiens - Andre Greipel won his second stage of the Tour de France in a sprint finish at the end of Wednesday's 189.5km run from Arras to Amiens.
Greipel overhauled Briton Mark Cavendish and Alexander Kristoff of Norway while holding off the fast-finishing Slovak Peter Sagan.
Having won Sunday's second stage as well, Greipel kept his hold on the green points jersey and also maintained German domination of Tour sprints following the success of Marcel Kittel the previous two years.
Reuters reported the classification after Stage 5 as follows:
1. Tony Martin (Germany / Etixx - Quick-Step) 17:19:26"
2. Chris Froome (Britain / Team Sky) +12"
3. Tejay van Garderen (U.S. / BMC Racing) +25"
4. Peter Sagan (Slovakia / Tinkoff - Saxo) +33"
5. Tony Gallopin (France / Lotto) +35"
6. Greg Van Avermaet (Belgium / BMC Racing) +40"
7. Rigoberto Uran (Colombia / Etixx - Quick-Step) +46"
8. Alberto Contador (Spain / Tinkoff - Saxo) +48"
9. Geraint Thomas (Britain / Team Sky) +1:15".