Cape Town - 2014 will go down in the sporting annals as one of the finest - yet saddest - in living memory.
The deaths of Senzo Meyiwa, Mbulaeni Mulaudzi, Tinus Linee and Phillip Hughes - among others - as well as the continued sickness of Joost van der Westhuizen, dominated the headlines.
The court case of Paralympian star Oscar Pistorius for the killing of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, gripped the sporting fraternity not only in SA, but the world at large.
On the field, the Proteas held onto their No 1 Test ranking, Bafana Bafana qualified for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations and showed a marked improvement under Shakes Mashaba, while the Springboks gave the nation much joy when they upset the mighty All Blacks in the Rugby Championship in Johannesburg.
Without further ado, here are the most viewed mobile articles on Sport24 for 2014:
1. Bafana 'keeper Senzo Meyiwa shot dead (444 168)
2. Meyiwa died protecting girlfriend (171 371)
3. Herschelle Gibbs arrested (58 168)
4. The power of a missing 'S' in a caption! (52 913)
5. Senzo Meyiwa laid to rest (46 750)
6. Zuma: Nation has lost a hero (41 855)
7. Chiefs legend passes away (39 149)
8. Pirates: Great sadness at Senzo's death (37 210)
9. Khune recalls Meyiwa rivalry (37 009)
10. Schumacher out of coma (34 788)