Cape Town - Sport24 takes a quick look at the five BEST and WORST sports performers of the weekend.
GOING UP! The FIVE BEST sports stars or teams of the weekend:
1. Liverpool - Following a slow start to the season, the Reds are now just two points behind the Top 4 after easing past Southampton.
2. Hekkie Budler - Budler defended his WBA and IBO minimumweight titles as he beat Mexico's Jesus Silvestre by an unanimous points decision.
3. Dimension Data Pro-Am - The 20th staging of this event at its new Fancourt home, this event attracted some top names including new Ryder Cup captain Darren Clarke and was won by Branden Grace.
4. Amajimbos - The South African under-17 side will be heading off to the FIFA under-17 Soccer World Cup after progressing to the African Youth Championship semi-finals.
5. Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather - The fight the world wants to see will finally take place on May 2 after both parties agreed to the fight.
GOING DOWN! The FIVE WORST sports stars or teams of the weekend:
1. Bulls - The Bulls slumped to a second successive home loss at the weekend, losing 17-13 to the Hurricanes.
2. Wayne Parnell - Parnell's nine overs against India went for 85 runs and he took just one wicket. The Proteas weak link has been exposed.
3. Manchester United - Swansea City completed the league double over United, who now sit just two points above Liverpool in the league.
4. Rafael Nadal - The king of clay suffered his first clay court semi-final loss in 53 matches after losing to Fabio Fognini at the Rio Open, this despite winning the opening set.
5.Paddler's death at the Dusi - After a swimmer passed away during the Midmar Mile, tragedy struck at the 2015 Dusi Marathon.
Agree with our FIVE BEST and WORST of the weekend? Let us know on Twitter @sport24news or in the comments section below who would make your lists!
Follow Sport24's Wade Pretorius on Twitter: @wadepretorius