Cape Town - Did you get the best from your shave this year? It’s time to reflect on months past and start thinking about how to improve your shaving routine. If you have sensitive skin, there’s a simple solution to suit your shaving personality and skin concerns.
Do you dread nicks, cuts, redness, stinging and itching? Would you like to spend more time mountain biking or working out at the gym rather than in the bathroom getting ready? You don’t have to make your mirror your best friend but take care when you shave.
1. Cleanse your face with a face wash. This removes oil, dirt and dead skin cells that block your pores and prevent your razor from gliding smoothly over your skin.
2. Go easy on your razor. Use light, gentle strokes and always shave in the direction of your hair growth.
Try NIVEA Men Sensitive Face Wash that gently removes impurities, is soap free and has 0% alcohol to prevent your skin from burning and drying out.
Do you usually experience discomfort or tugging while you shave? Are you thinking of letting go of your Movember tash and support another cause this festive season? Whether you shave it or save it, don’t toss out these important steps.
1. Cleanse skin with a face wash in warm water for three minutes. Hydrating facial hair softens it and makes it easier to cut and shave.
2. Cut or trim your facial hair with a beard trimmer before shaving. Shaving long hair pulls on follicles and causes irritation.
3. Use a shaving foam or gel to help your razor glide over your skin and protect it against razor burn and bumps. Save shaving areas prone to razor bumps for last to give your foam or gel time to soften facial hair and make it easier to cut.
4. Shave daily to prevent facial hair from itching as it grows out. Scratching aggravates irritated skin.
Try NIVEA Men Sensitive Shaving Foam or Gel with 0% alcohol to prevent burning and provide a comfortable shave.
Does your skin feel dry and tight after shaving? Is surfing or a laidback activity you favourite way to de-stress? Stick to a routine to protect your skin from our harsh climate.
1. Use a soap-free face wash and shave using a moisturising shaving gel or foam to prevent your skin from drying out.
2. Always moisturise your skin as your new skin cells are exposed after you shave. It will also relieve the tight feeling you experience after shaving.
Try NIVEA Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm and Sensitive Moisturiser, both with 0% alcohol to soothe skin and alleviate dryness after shaving.