Madrid - Colombian Nairo Quintana has won the Tour of the Basque Country after finishing second in the 24km time trial that rounded off the six-stage event.
The Movistar rider started the day six seconds behind compatriot Sergio Henao (Sky) but he finished 40 seconds behind Quintana to miss out even on a place on the podium.
Australian Richie Porte (Sky) and Slovenia's Simon Spilak (Katusha) took second and third in the overall standings receptively.
As expected, Tony Martin of the Omega Pharma-Quick Step team took the stage victory in a time of 35min 5secs.
The German was 17 seconds quicker than Quintana, with Spaniard Benat Intxausti (Movistar) coming in third a further 15 seconds back.
Results from the sixth and final stage of the Tour of the Basque Country, a 24km time trial around Beasain on Saturday:
1. Tony Martin (GER/OPQ) 35min 05sec
2. Nairo Quintana (COL/MOV) at 0:17.
3. Benat Intxausti (ESP/MOV) 0:32.
4. Richie Porte (AUS/SKY) 0:40.
5. Simon Spilak (SLO/KAT) 0:48.
6. Jean Christophe Peraud (FRA/ALM) 0:51.
7. Sergio Henao (COL/SKY) 0:57.
8. Carlos Betancour (COL/ALM) 1:05.
9. Pieter Weening (NED/ORI) 1:06.
10. Alberto Contador (ESP/SAX) 1:07.
1. Nairo Quintana (COL/MOV) 21h39min 35sec
2. Richie Porte (AUS/SKY) at 0:23.
3. Sergio Henao (COL/SKY) 0:34.
4. Simon Spilak (SLO/KAT) 0:35.
5. Alberto Contador (ESP/SAX) 0:54.
6. Pieter Weening (NED/ORI) 1:18.
7. Carlos Betancour (COL/ALM) 1:19.
8. Benat Intxausti (ESP/MOV) 1:57.
9. Wout Poels (NED/VAC) 2:47.