Nice - France's Sylvain Chavanel, of the Omega Pharma team, won the sixth and penultimate stage of the Paris-Nice race on Saturday, while Australia's Richie Porte, of Team Sky, held on to the overall lead.
VIDEO: Paris-Nice Stage 6 highlights
Chavanel pipped Belgium's Philippe Gilbert and Jose Joaquin Rojas of Spain in a sprint finish on Nice's famous waterfront Promenade des Anglais.
Porte retains a 32-second lead from American Andrew Talansky in the overall standings, with Chavanel third at 42 seconds, level with Lieuwe Westra of the Netherlands.
Sunday's final stage is a 9.6km time-trial up to the Col-d'Eze.
Porte had said on Friday he was confident of seeing out overall victory on Sunday, although Chavanel, the French time-trial champion, could still have a say.
Results from the sixth stage of Paris-Nice, a 220km ride from Manosque to Nice on Saturday:
1. Sylvain Chavanel (FRA/Omega Pharma) 5hr 14min 23sec
2. Philippe Gilbert (BEL/BMC) s.t
3. Jose Joaquin Rojas (ESP/MOV) s.t
4. Samuel Dumoulin (FRA/ALM) s.t.
5. Tony Gallopin (FRA/RSH) s.t
6. Julien Simon (FRA/SOJ) s.t
7. Borut Bozic (SLO/AST) s.t
8. Heinrich Haussler (AUS/IAM) s.t
9. Jonathan Hivert (FRA/SOJ) s.t
10. Alberto Losada (ESP/KAT) s.t.