Motorsport

MotoGP ace Marquez extends Honda deal

2018-02-26 12:53
Marc Marquez (Getty)

Paris - Four-time MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez has extended his current deal with the Honda-Repsol racing team by two years through the 2020 season, the Japanese company said on Monday.

The daredevil Spaniard is the youngest rider to have won four top level world titles and had been in pre-season testing of the latest model Honda this week.

"With this new extension I can now concentrate fully on the new season," Marquez said in a Honda statement.

Known for his tight cornering skills and go for broke attitude Marquez won the world title in 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017 - suffering a broken leg in a fall in 2015.

The MotoGP season starts in Qatar on March 18.

Read more on:    marc marquez  |  motogp

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

Featured

The 2018/19 Absa Premiership season is in full swing. Will Mamelodi Sundowns retain their title? Or can one of Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates, Wits, SuperSport United - or another team perhaps - snatch glory from the Brazilians? Be sure to visit Sport24 for all the latest news!

Latest blogs
Vote

Hypothetically, given the same cars to drive, who is the most talented current Formula One driver in your opinion?

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.