Manama - Ferrari demonstrated their total focus on success in Formula One this
week when they opted out of joining in the sport’s virtual eSports
series for a second year.
A spokesperson for F1 said talks with the Italian outfit were ongoing
and that Ferrari wanted to be involved, but a spokesman for the
scuderia said they needed “more time to evaluate everything”.
Qualifiers for the series, which has been updated following its inaugural competition last year, begin on April 13.
Last year's launch season, won by Briton Brendon Leigh, was
considered a success by F1’s new American owners Liberty Media, who
identified esports as an opportunity to attract a younger generation to
On the track Ferrari made a positive start to the new F1 season with
Sebastian Vettel taking the opening Australian Grand Prix ahead of
Mercedes's world champion Lewis Hamilton.