Cape Town - Two-time Major winner Jordan Spieth said he is already looking for the Masters to be over, two weeks before it event starts.
The Masters, which is the opening Major of the year, is scheduled for April 6–9 and Spieth, who won the event in 2015 and was a runner-up in 2014 and 2016, is not saying much about his chances.
At last year's event, the 23-year-old American was leading by five shots going into the back nine at Augusta National and dropped six shots to eventually finish three shots behind winner Danny Willett.
In an interview carried by The Dominion Post, Spieth said no matter what happens at the Masters it would be nice when it was over.
"No matter what happens at this year's Masters, whether I can grab the jacket or I miss the cut or I finish 30th, it will be nice having the Masters go by," Spieth said.
"The Masters lives on for a year. It brings a non-golf audience into golf. And it will be nice once this year's finished from my point of view, to be brutally honest with you."
Ahead of this year's Masters, the bookmakers have picked Spieth as the favourite to claim the title ahead of world number one Dustin Johnson.
"It would be best if I could reclaim the jacket," Spieth said. "But I believe that I'll be back up there sooner or later, just the way that we play the golf course, the success we've had and the comfort level I have there.
"Whether it happens this year or not, it will just be nice because that tournament, it's a 365-day thing. There's no other Masters."