Cape Town - The Proteas women have made a move in the latest ICC women's rankings following the completion of the ICC Women's World Cup.
The Proteas went down to eventual champions England in their semi-final in Bristol by two wickets.
Fast bowler Marizanne Kapp still obtains the No 1 position in the bowling rankings, while Ayabonga Khaka moved up five places to a career-best sixth position.
Skipper Dane van Niekerk jolted up after becoming the leading wicket-taker of the tournament with 15 and Shibnam Ismail sits at No 9 on the bowler rankings.
Other significant gains include Mignon du Preez's 76 not out against England lifting her six places to a career-best 11th position.
Proteas opener Laura Walovaardt has gained three positions to reach a career-best 19th rank.
Meanwhile, leg-spinner Sune Luus has moved up one place to 22nd in the list.
Top 10 ODI batswoman rankings:
1. Meg Lanning (AUS) - 763
2. Mithali Raj (IND) - 753
3. Ellyse Perry (AUS) - 741
4. Amy Satterthwaite (NZ) - 720
5. Suzie Bates (NZ) - 703
6. H. Kaur (IND) - 677
7. Alex Blackwell (AUS) - 667
8. Natalie Sciver (ENG) - 631
9. Lizelle Lee (SA) - 625
10. Stafanie Taylor (WI) - 602
Top 10 ODI bowling rankings:
1. Marizanne Kapp (RSA) - 656
2. J. Goswami (IND) - 652
3. Jess Jonassen (AUS) - 637
4. Stafanie Taylor (WI) - 625
5. K. Brunt (ENG) - 603
6. Ayabonga Khaka - (RSA) - 578
7. A. Shrubsole - (ENG) - 576
8. Dane van Niekerk (RSA) - 573
9. Shibnam Ismail (RSA) - 565
10. Ellyse Perry (AUS) - 557
Top 5 all-rounder rankings:
1. Ellyse Perry (AUS) - 413
2. Stafanie Taylor (WI) - 376
3. Dane van Niekerk (RSA) - 281
4. Marizanne Kapp (RSA) - 272
5. Amy Satterthwaite (NZ) - 266