Cape Town - Proteas superstar AB de Villiers will play his 100th Test for South Africa against India in Bengaluru on Saturday.
Below are SIX stats and facts that you probably didn't know about the 31-year-old...
- De Villiers is South Africa's third highest
run-scorer in Tests behind Jacques Kallis and Graeme Smith.
- Of players who have scored 1 000
or more runs in Tests as the designated wicketkeeper, De Villiers has the best average -
1 981 runs at 58.26.
- De Villiers played a world record 78
innings in Test cricket before making his first duck (v Bangladesh at
Centurion in 2008).
- De Villiers' highest Test score of 278* v
Pakistan at Abu Dhabi in 2010 was the South African record at the time, but
was surpassed by Hashim Amla’s 311* v England at The Oval in 2012.
- De Villiers played 98 Tests before he
missed one, a world record for consecutive appearances from debut.
- De Villiers is one of only three players
with at least 2 wickets and at least 2 stumpings in Tests. The others are RJ
Christiani (WI) and CL Walcott (WI).