News24

Cricket SA judge changes mind

2011-11-23 18:44

Cape Town - Lawyers representing the South African National Editors Forum (SANEF) have been assured that the media will be allowed to attend Cricket South Africa’s (CSA) financial inquiry.

This comes after Judge Chris Nicholson barred journalists from the first day of submissions earlier on Wednesday.

According to the Eyewitness News website, Nicholson told the media that transcripts would be made available.

After discussions with SANEF's lawyers, Nicholson agreed to open the hearings.

“Judge Nicolson informed me that the reason that he didn’t allow journalists access was that the room wasn’t big enough," Webber Wentzel's Dario Milo said.

“He has given us the undertaking as SANEF, that a bigger room will be found and that the inquiry won’t proceed until the journalists can be accommodated.”

The inquiry - done by auditing firm KPMG - was instituted after a reported non-disclosure of bonus payments to CSA employees.
 

Sport24

Comments
  • Angela - 2011-11-23 19:11

    What a PICK

      Aubrey - 2011-11-23 19:38

      its not what a pick its what a prick

      Chris - 2011-11-24 04:47

      What a ' BUTT'

  • Chris - 2011-11-23 21:02

    Is it the Alter Ego?Powerful Position?

  • Robert - 2011-11-23 22:14

    They dish a POIB - They Play with us and already start abusing it. The soup will get Thick and the taste will be bitter. You guys dont know how to cook

  • braamc - 2011-11-24 05:57

    Get a bigger room, sure there is plenty pluch facilitites available to your liking

  • Grant - 2011-11-26 09:07

    With match fixing and sleeze, I don't think I'll bother watching it anymore.

  • pages:
  • 1