Sydney - Australian skipper Michael Clarke is recovering well from hamstring surgery and is on track to play a part in the Cricket World Cup, physiotherapist Alex Kountouris said on Monday.
The 33-year-old badly tore his right hamstring during the first Test against India last month, ruling him out of the following three Tests and threatening his involvement in the one-day tournament which begins next month.
Clarke had surgery in December and Kountouris said a review by the surgeon in Melbourne on Sunday had been positive.
"Michael is progressing well in his rehab and is currently running on a regular basis and has commenced batting," Kountouris said in a statement.
"He remains on track for a return to play by February 21, the date we spoke of when the squad for the ICC Cricket World Cup was announced."
Australia are scheduled to play Bangladesh on February 21 after beginning their World Cup against England on February 14.
Australia coach Darren Lehmann earlier Monday said Clarke was ahead of schedule with his progress.
"He's had a couple of bats in the nets, which is a really good thing for us. Fingers crossed, but he's ahead of schedule," Lehmann told reporters in Melbourne.
"We'd love him to play some warm-up games, but we'll be guided by the medical staff there. The pleasing thing is he's back in the nets and hopefully he can ramp it up from there."