WIN: L'Ormarins Queen's Plate tickets!
Sport24 are giving away four sets of double L'Ormarins Queen’s Plate VIP Stud Club tickets on Saturday, January 5, 2019 at Kenilworth racecourse!
The jewel of Cape Town’s summer horse racing and social calendar, the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate, has announced a save-the-date for next year’s much-anticipated, two day horse-racing festival, set to take place at Kenilworth Racecourse on January 4-5, 2019.
Internationally acknowledged as one of the best race days in the world, the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate weight-for-age mile is one of the oldest and most storied horse races in South Africa.
This year marks the 158th renewal of this premier race as well as the third year of the event being staged as a two day festival, with a brand new layout to ensure everyone has a front row seat this year.
Accompanied by champagne and jazz, the Friday afternoon garden party has become the perfect way to wind down the week. With its short-format, eight race card highlighted by the Gr2 Sceptre Stakes, it fuses fun and sun with racing that’s just serious enough to whet the appetite for Saturday’s main course.
While the R1.5 million L'Ormarins Queen's Plate takes pride of place on Saturday, the 10 race card also includes the prestigious Grade 1 Paddock Stakes as well as three more graded races, guaranteeing an afternoon showcase of the very best South African racing has to offer.
Once the racing is done and champions crowned, celebrations continue well into the evening at the stylish Stud Club where race-goers get on their dancing shoes and relive achievements of the day at the LQP After Party. One of Cape Town’s best summer season parties, this year the LQP after party features top local DJ P.H. of Metro FM’s “Cruise Control” fame.
With its classic blue and white theme, the best in local wine and cuisine, great entertainment and an unbeatable 18 high class race offering, the LQP Racing Festival officially gets under way at midday on Friday with the LQP Garden Party.
Strictly limited to 500 guests, a R500 ticket buys access to all day jazz, harvest lunch, fine beverages and a perfectly balanced 8-race card as well as a Style Lounge ticket to Saturday’s main event.
As one of the most stylish events on the Cape Town calendar, the L’Ormarins Queen’s Plate Racing Festival best-dressed awards include Cartier spoils to Friday’s Best Hat and Best Dressed Lady and Gentleman, with a grand prize of a trip for two to the Qatar Glorious Goodwood Racing Festival on offer to Saturday’s Best Dressed couple.
Tickets to both Friday and Saturday's action are now on sale.
Enter the Competition
- Question 1
- At which racecourse will the 2019 edition of the L'Ormarins Queen's Plate take place?
1. The competition runs from November 20-December 21, 2018.
2. Winners will be notified via email. Both email address and cellphone numbers must be supplied. If the winner cannot be reached on the contact information supplied, another winner will be chosen instead.
3. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The competition is open to South African readers only.
5. Staff members and family of 24.com and Media24 and their immediate families may not enter.
6. Entry into this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
7. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
8. The prize does not include flights nor accommodation. Entrants are advised to consider the location of the event when entering.
9. The prize many not be exchanged for cash.
10. Entrants must be 18 and older to enter.