Hingis out of Tokyo event
Tokyo - Former world number one Martina Hingis has withdrawn her wild-card doubles entry in the Pan Pacific Open women's tennis tournament in Tokyo this month, organisers said Monday.
"She will be absent from this tournament due to personal reasons," the Pan Pacific Open office said in a press release.
The 32-year-old Swiss came back from six years of retirement in July to play doubles. The winner of five Grand Slam singles titles lost in the doubles and mixed doubles first rounds last month at the US Open.
The $2.4 million Pan Pacific Open from September 22-28 will feature such stars as Serena Williams, Victoria Azarenka and Maria Sharapova in the singles.
Read News24’s Comments Policy