Melbourne - Teenage Australian tennis star Bernard Tomic said on Tuesday he was disappointed to have been caught up in another controversy involving his high-powered, bright orange sports car, and he plans to sell it.
The 19-year-old is due to face court next week after being charged with two traffic offences following a recent standoff with police outside his home.
He was fined twice in the space of an hour driving his BMW M3 just days after being knocked out of the Australian Open by Roger Federer last month, and police allege he refused to stop when asked to pull over a third time.
"It's a bit disappointing, but what can you do?" he told Australian Associated Press in Geelong where he is preparing for Australia's upcoming Davis Cup tie against China.
"That's life and that's what you get thrown at you. It's all gone now - I'm playing tennis and sooner or later I'll be out of the country.
"It happened for a reason, it happened and there's nothing I can do about it," he said, adding that he has decided to sell the car at auction.
With the court case on February 14, Tomic has pulled out of the SAP Open in San Jose beginning a day earlier.
"I pulled out for my reasons," he said. "It's too late, it's too hard to travel after Sunday to get to the tournament."
Tomic, who began his 2012 season by claiming his first senior title at the Kooyong Classic, will now begin his overseas campaign at the Memphis International from February 20.