Nadal set to resume training
Madrid - Spanish world number one Rafael Nadal said on Tuesday he is ready to resume training following a leg injury that forced him out of the game for ten days.
VIDEO: Rafael Nadal and Kevin Spacey play table-tennis
"I feel quite good, I am going home today (Tuesday) to Manacor (on the island of Majorca) to begin training on the courts," he said at the presentation of a tournament in April in Barcelona.
"I am going to start training slowly, following a plan, so that there are no setbacks."
The player would thus be able to take part in Spain's Davis Cup match against Belgium on March 4-6.
Nadal crashed out of the Australian Open on January 26 after struggling with a thigh muscle tear in a quarter-final match against compatriot David Ferrer.
His loss to Ferrer deprived him of a' Rafa Slam' - a fourth straight non-calendar year Grand Slam after winning the French Open, Wimbledon and US Open crowns last year.
On Monday, the Spaniard was voted sportsman of the year at the prestigious Laureus awards in Abu Dhabi.