Djokovic topples Federer
Berlin - Novak Djokovic moved back into first place in the latest ATP tennis rankings issued on Monday despite losing in the second round of the Bercy Masters.
The Serbian stands on 11 420 points, while Switzerland's Roger Federer, who topped last week's rankings and opted not to play in Paris, dropped nearly 3 000 points to 9 465.
The only newcomer into the top 10 is France's Richard Gasquet, who also lost in the second round in Paris. The Frenchman comes in at 10th after moving two places.
The world No 1 in the prestigious year-ending ranking will be decided between Djokovic and Federer at this week's season-ending ATP World Tour Finals in London.
ATP top 10:
1. Novak Djokovic, Serbia, 11 420 points
2. Roger Federer, Switzerland, 9 465
3. Andy Murray, Britain, 7 600
4. Rafael Nadal, Spain, 6 795
5. David Ferrer, Spain, 6 030
6. Tomas Berdych, Czech Republic, 4 405
7. Juan Martin del Potro, Argentina, 4 080
8. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, France, 3 490
9. Janko Tipsarevic, Serbia, 2 990
10. Richard Gasquet, France, 2 515
For gorgeous gifts at gorgeous prices, click here for the ultimate Christmas gift guide from Clicks.