ATP Tour

Nadal discharged post surgery

2014-11-05 13:55
Rafael Nadal (AFP)

Barcelona - Rafael Nadal has been released from a Barcelona hospital, two days after undergoing surgery to remove his appendix.

Nadal briefly spoke to waiting media as he walked out of the Quiron Teknon hospital on Wednesday.

The tennis star attempted to play through suspected appendicitis last month. He tried to treat the condition with antibiotics before opting for surgery.

Nadal's appendix was removed on Monday using laparoscopy or key-hole surgery, a hospital statement said.

Doctors said Nadal could return to full training after about a month of post-operation recovery.

Because of the surgery, Nadal will miss the ATP Finals in London.

Read more on:    rafael nadal  |  tennis

What To Read Next


Read News24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.
Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk


Which is your favourite Grand Slam of the year?

Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter


With the Absa Premiership in full swing, who will be crowned champions when all is said and done? Will Mamelodi Sundowns defend their title? Or can Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates or Bidvest Wits mount a serious challenge? Stay glued to Sport24 to find out!

Latest blogs

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.