Maria Sharapova visits the tennis court she played on as a child at the Sochi winter Olympics.
Paris - World number one Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from next week's ATP tournament in Buenos Aires because of a lingering back injury, the Spaniard announced on Thursday.
Nadal posted a video on his official YouTube page, in which he said he had failed to fully recover from the back problem that plagued him during last month's Australian Open final.
"I wanted to make an announcement that really fills me with sadness. I will not be able to play in the tournament in Buenos Aires," Nadal said.
"Since I came back from the Australian Open with my back injury I have not been able to train.
"It is impossible for me to prepare properly for a tournament as important as Buenos Aires, so very unfortunately I have to take this decision."
The 13-time Grand Slam champion was beaten 6-3, 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 by Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka in the final in Melbourne.
Follow Sport24 on Twitter and Facebook
Read News24’s Comments Policy
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.
View Results |
The stock of Bulls and Sharks 2014 Super Rugby jerseys are slowly becoming available after the festive season break, writes blogger Baylion.
Follow Sport24 on Twitter
Sign up for the Morning Glory, Super 15 and Soccer newsletters
Yes your opinion counts. Get it out there
Enter and win with Sport24!
Sport24 on your mobile phone - WAP, alerts, downloads, services
Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry
Latest Sport24 news on your iPhone
"Like" Sport24's Facebook page
Plan your couch time with our searchable sport TV guide
Sport news delivered really simply.
24.com: Legal notices
Advertise on 24.com
24.com. All rights reserved.