Sydney - Defending champion Juan Martin del Potro has been granted a wildcard into next month's Sydney International, organisers said on Thursday.
The 2009 US Open winner will start as the tournament favourite despite a tough injury-blighted year.
"Last year I played some of my best tennis in Sydney and it is the perfect way to start the year," said the Argentinian.
The tournament's top seed will be Italian Fabio Fognini (world number 20), while the second seed will go to Belgian David Goffin, ranked 22.
Australians Nick Kyrgios and 2013 champion Bernard Tomic are also in the draw.
The women's side of the draw is headed by two-time Wimbledon champion and world number four Petra Kvitova along with world number three and French Open runner-up Simona Halep.
The Sydney International takes place from January 11-17.