Cape Town - The internet is a tangled 'web' and stories can pass you by in seconds. Here are 10 soccer articles you may have missed over the weekend.
1. As long as other title contenders continue to drop
unnecessary points along the way, defending champions Mamelodi Sundowns are
still the team to beat...
2. Arsenal coach Arsene Wenger is 67 - well past the retirement
age in most professions and is again under pressure to step down...
3. Mamelodi Sundowns forward Percy Tau said he was delighted to
have scored his first goal for South Africa during the 3-1 win over
4. Following Bafana Bafana’s impressive 3-1 win over
Guinea-Bissau, SAFA President Danny Jordaan has praised debutant forward Percy
5. Bafana Bafana skipper Itumeleng Khune said their main
intention was to grab as many goals as possible in the friendly clash against
6. The saga that played itself out this entire week must serve
as a life lesson for South African midfielder Kamohelo Mokotjo...
7. SAFA president and CAF executive Danny Jordaan tells
S’Busiso Mseleku that his recent appointment is long overdue...
8. The ABC Motsepe League has been rocked by yet another
allegation of match-fixing in an ongoing corruption scandal...
9. Former Dutch star Patrick Kluivert, currently director of
football at PSG, owed up to one million euros to a criminal gang after racking
up debts betting on football...
10. The Netherlands' hopes of reaching the World Cup finals
suffered a major setback when the three-time runners-up slumped to a shock
defeat to Bulgaria...