Bafana have qualified for AFCON 2015. How will they fare at the tournament? Have your say on our Forum!
Get Sport24 on your mobile
London - Gareth Barry confirmed on Tuesday that he will miss England's World Cup opener against the United States on Saturday June 12.
Barry suffered an ankle injury at the beginning if last month, and had been a doubt for the squad, but he recovered ahead of schedule and will resume full training on Tuesday.
The 29-year-old will not, though, be fit enough for Saturday's match in Rustenburg.
"I've been told I'm not playing against USA to give me more time," Barry told British tabloid News of the World.
In Barry's absence, Capello looks likely to team Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard in central midfield on Saturday, with Joe Cole occupying the left-sided berth, as they started in Monday's 3-0 warm-up win over league side Platinum All-Stars.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.