Get the Sport24 daily newsletter delivered to your Inbox!
Get Sport24 on your mobile
Cape Town - Spain international Jesus Navas concedes that the decision
to exclude him from the World Cup squad was in the best interests of Spanish
Navas, who had been grappling with an injury in the weeks
building up the World Cup squad announcements, said the football fraternity
would soon find that Vicente Del Bosque’s decision to leave him out of the
campaign was the right one.
"It is a shame. I have worked hard to (to gain fitness)
but it is the boss who makes the decisions and he always makes the right
ones," Navas told Spanish publication AS on Tuesday.
"He has done what is best for the group. The truth is
that I have recovered and was geared up but there also many of my team-mates
who share the same dream," added Navas, who was a member of the Spanish
squad that won the World Cup in 2010.
"The main thing is to work with humility. It was a very
exciting opportunity but we have all worked to be included and it is the coach
who decides. I just want to wish my
team-mates luck, it’s a great opportunity and I hope they can win the title
again," added Navas.
The midfielder made 29 appearances in his debut season for
Manchester City and helped them win the Barclays Premier League and The League
One Cup with six goals and thirteen assists.
24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.