FIFA happy with SA policing
Johannesburg - FIFA was happy with policing at the 2010 World Cup so far, a spokesperson said on Tuesday.
However, FIFA would leave the evaluation of the first two weeks up to the police, said FIFA spokesperson Wolfgang Eichler.
FIFA would comment further after national chief of police General Bheki Cele released his policing evaluation in Pretoria on Tuesday.
The first week of the tournament was marred by security guards striking at stadiums across the country, resulting in police having to take over. They are still in charge.
A few high profile incidents have occurred.
In one case an English fan got into the dressing room of the English soccer team after a match.
Hotel staff have also been arrested for robbing soccer team members and journalists have been mugged and robbed.
Local Organising Committee spokesperson Jermaine Craig urged fans attending the Spain/Portugal game in Cape Town to take proper precautions as gale-force winds were expected this evening.
He said more tickets were soon going to be made available for the quarter finals, but he could not say how many.