Johannesburg - South Africa has again delayed naming the host cities and stadiums for next year's African Cup of Nations.
The South African Football Association said on Thursday that the government has postponed the decision from Friday to May 3.
South Africa was initially due to say at the end of March which of its World Cup stadiums would be used for the African Cup. The process was slowed after cities complained they were being asked by organisers to pay high costs for hosting rights.
City officials in Cape Town and Johannesburg said they wouldn't be able to pay, ruling out the iconic Cape Town Stadium and Soweto's FNB Stadium, formerly known as Soccer City and the venue for the 2010 World Cup final.
The central government stepped in last week and said it would help bear the costs.