Johannesburg - The Premier Soccer League's CEO Kjetil Siem has fobbed off criticism from clubs that are unhappy that the transfer window will close on Tuesday (December 15).
Last month the PSL announced that the window would start and close
earlier than usual but club officials and coaches have now demurred the
change to the schedule that they say was imposed on them when they
least expected it.
Siem told Football365.co.za: "The clubs have no reason to
complain. It was a unanimous decision by all the clubs. But I realise
that now and then people keep talking without knowing."
According to the outgoing PSL CEO, several meetings between the PSL and clubs took place before the decision was taken.
"Now if a coach wants to start moaning, he needs to do that with
his own boss. We can't go on like this. Everybody agreed and you cannot
start moaning now. If we had stuck to the January transfer there would
only be February left before the end of the season," he said.