Chiefs mum on Masilela deal
Johannesburg - Maccabi Haifa are still waiting on Kaizer Chiefs to make an offer
for Tsepo Masilela, with Amakhosi given first option of signing the
Bafana Bafana left-back.
The Israeli giants, who want to sell Masilela before the August
31 transfer deadline, recently sent a valuation - thought to be R4m - of
the player to Chiefs.
The Glamour Boys, however, have yet to reply.
"The issue with Tsepo is very simple from our point of view," Maccabi Haifa spokesman David Bazak was quoted as saying by the Sowetan. We want to sell him and we know that Kaizer Chiefs are
interested in the player, so we have given them a proposal and told them
how much we believe he is worth.
"We are now waiting for their response. We had hoped to have it by (yesterday), but so far we have heard nothing.
"If they match our valuation, then we are happy for him to go there and we would wish him all the best."
Masilela's agent, Mike Makaab, has warned Chiefs could lose out on their man amid interest from Europe.
"There is serious interest from Europe, specifically Spain,
Belgium and Holland, and we will probably only know how that develops by
the end of the week," Makaab said.
"Chiefs are certainly a strong option for Tsepo, but by no means his only one."
Masilela is contracted to Maccabi Haifa until June 2013.