Cape Town - Banned Ajax Cape Town striker Mabhudi Khenyeza's has finally received a date with the South African Football Association (SAFA) appeals board.SAFA communications director Dominic Chimhavi told the SowetanLIVE website the matter will be heard by the board, convened by Alex Abercrombie, either on next week Monday or Tuesday.The Premier Soccer League's Disciplinary Committee earlier this month handed Khenyeza a 12-month ban for spitting and swearing an official.Khenyeza lodged an appeal with SAFA last Thursday, paying the required R10 000 fee."I can confirm that Mabhudi's case will be heard sometime next week. We will make an announcement before the end of the week, once our legal team has rounded up all members of the appeals board," said Chimhavi."His club, Ajax Cape Town, are supporting him. They have made it clear the verdict is too harsh."Ajax Cape Town CEO George Comitis earlier said the club will help Khenyeza fight the ban, but admitted the player could be out in the cold if the appeal proves unsuccessful.Khenyeza's contract at Ajax expires at the end of the month, but the club were keen to sign the striker for two more seasons."We have to check the findings and then appeal the case. But it might take a while, as the appeal will be heard by SAFA. However, this could have a massive impact for the club as far as Mabhudi is concerned," said Comitis.