Mourinho making Real plans
Madrid - Inter Milan coach Jose Mourinho, lined up as the future Real Madrid boss, is already planning the set-up at the Spanish giants next season, telling sports daily AS on Thursday he wanted to recruit three or four defenders.
VIDEO: Jose Mourinho makes a tearful Inter farewell
Mourinho revealed that he had already decided to become coach of Real Madrid before the Champions League final which his club won at the Santiago Bernabeu stadium earlier this month.
Asked how he planned to bolster Real, the 47-year-old former Chelsea and Porto manager said he wanted to bring in "three or four defensive players, but who improve our attack".
He refused to be drawn on the possible transfer of attacking Brazilian full-back Maicon from Inter, but judged a move by Argentina striker Diego Milito, the scorer of both goals in the final against Bayern, unlikely.
Concerning Spanish veterans Guti, 33, and Raul, 32, Mourinho said that the former was already "out" having expressed his desire to leave, leaving a question mark over Raul, who could also leave.
Real Madrid opened the way for Mourinho to take over after they sacked coach Manuel Pellegrini on Wednesday.
Florentino Perez, president of the Spanish giants, said that a need for change had necessitated the dismissal of the Chilean incumbent and the courting of Mourinho from Inter Milan.
According to media reports, the transfer to Real will only be completed when Inter are certain of recuperating the 16 million euros stipulated in the get-out clause for the coach whose contract runs until June 2012.
For gorgeous gifts at gorgeous prices, click here for the ultimate Christmas gift guide from Clicks.