Yarmolenko free to face Everton

2015-03-11 09:50
Andriy Yarmolenko (AFP)

Moscow - Dynamo Kiev says its star forward Andriy Yarmolenko will be free to face Everton in their Europa League last 16 fixture on Thursday, after successfully appealing a UEFA ban.

Yarmolenko had been banned for three games after receiving a red card for a heavy challenge on Guingamp midfielder Younousse Sankhare during Dynamo's 2-1 defeat in the first leg of that last 32 fixture.

Dynamo said that Yarmolenko's sanction has been reduced on appeal to one game, which he has already served, so he will be available for both legs against Everton on Thursday and March 19.

His teammate, midfielder Younes Belhanda, was also sent off in the same game for kicking an opponent.

Dynamo appealed his three-game ban but UEFA decided to leave it in force, the club said.

Read more on:    dynamo kiev  |  everton  |  europa league  |  soccer

What To Read Next


Read News24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.
Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk

Live scoring

Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter


With the Absa Premiership in full swing, who will be crowned champions when all is said and done? Will Mamelodi Sundowns defend their title? Or can Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates or Bidvest Wits mount a serious challenge? Stay glued to Sport24 to find out!

Latest blogs

Who will claim the Premier League title at the end of the 2016/17 season?

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.