Valcke denies 'fabricated' allegations

2015-09-18 07:28
Jerome Valcke (AFP Photo)

New York - Jerome Valcke denies "fabricated and outrageous" allegations that led to his suspension as FIFA secretary general, his US-based lawyer said in a statement Thursday.

"Jerome Valcke unequivocally denies the fabricated and outrageous accusations by Benny Alon of alleged wrongdoing in connection with the sale of World Cup tickets," a statement from New York attorney Barry Berke said.

Valcke, 54, had been accused of taking kickbacks by Alon over a deal with FIFA to sell tickets for the 2014 World Cup.

However his laywer's statement said Valcke "never received or agreed to accept any money or anything else of value from Mr Alon."

"As has been reported, FIFA entered into an agreement with Mr Alon's company, JB Sports Marketing," the statement said.

"That agreement and FIFA's subsequent business dealings with Mr Alon were vetted and approved by FIFA and its legal counsel."

Read more on:    fifa  |  jerome valcke  |  soccer

What To Read Next


Read News24’s Comments Policy

Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk

Live scoring

Love 2 Meet
English Premiership flutter

Take Sport24's "expert" tips at your peril...


With the Absa Premiership in full swing, who will be crowned champions when all is said and done? Will Mamelodi Sundowns defend their title? Or can Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates or Bidvest Wits mount a serious challenge? Stay glued to Sport24 to find out!

Latest blogs

Who was the best summer signing in the EPL?

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.