Capello ready to sue

2015-06-04 12:48
Fabio Capello (File)

Moscow - Russia coach Fabio Capello will take legal action against the former president of the Russian Football Union (RFS) Nikolay Tolstykh, the Italian's son and agent said on Wednesday.

Pierfilippo Capello said that lawyers would be filing a lawsuit against Tolstykh after the Russian accused Fabio Capello of having a second contract worth 10 million euros ($11.25 million) per year.

"Fabio Capello has already told his team of lawyers in Russia and Italy to take Tolstykh to court," Pierfilippo told the news agency R-Sport.

Tolstykh had been president of Russian football's governing body until he was ousted in a vote on Sunday by members of the RFS.

Tolstykh, 59, had faced criticism for mounting debts under his tenure with the RFS in the red to the tune of 1.4 billion roubles ($26.74 million).

Read more on:    euro 2016  |  fabio capello  |  soccer

What To Read Next


Read News24’s Comments Policy publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
Comments have been closed for this article.
Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk

Live scoring

Love 2 Meet
English Premiership flutter

Take Sport24's "expert" tips at your peril...


With the Absa Premiership in full swing, who will be crowned champions when all is said and done? Will Mamelodi Sundowns defend their title? Or can Kaizer Chiefs, Orlando Pirates or Bidvest Wits mount a serious challenge? Stay glued to Sport24 to find out!

Latest blogs

Who was the best summer signing in the EPL?

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.