Johannesburg - FIFA have revealed they will donate $250 000 to the families of
the 74 people who were killed in a football riot in Egypt last week.
The victims died when violence erupted following the clash between rival clubs al-Masry and al-Ahly in Port Said.
FIFA confirmed through a statement that the sum will be payed into the charity account which was opened by al-Ahly on Sunday.
"I stated after the tragedy that this day was a black day for football," said FIFA president Sepp Blatter.
"I'm still very shocked by what happened. Many of the victims
were so young. They were also a crucial support for their families, who
now need help.
"The football community, including FIFA, must assist its Egyptian brothers and sisters."