Cape Town - Midweek English Premiership action left Sport24's Tashreeq Vardien opting for three strikers in this weeks EPL Team of the Week.
See the Premier League leading goalscorers HERE!
See the Premier League log HERE!
English Premiership Team of the Week 21:
1. Kasper Schmeichel (Leicester City) - The Danish 'keeper is slowly stepping out of the shadows of his famous father and becoming a real great under Claudio Raneiri.
2. Virgil van Dijk (Southampton) - Patrick van Aanholt misses out on a place in this week's team despite his great attacking performance. Instead Van Dijk was selected and put in a well orchestrated performance for the Saints and finished the 90-minutes with a clean sheet.
3. Joleon Lescott (Aston Villa) - An important goal and a great defensive display showed that Aston Villa still have some fight in them despite their relegation threat.
4. Robert Huth (Leicester City) - The veteran does not get the kind of praise that the rest of the Leicester side receives but his lone goal against Tottenham Hotspur proves his experience in tough encounters.
5. Enner Valencia (West Ham United) - Triumphant over Bournemouth as the Ecuadorian footballer netted a brace for the Hammers.
6. Dimitri Payet (West Ham United) - Inspired his side's comeback with a well taken free-kick and an assist for Valencia.
7. Roberto Firmino (Liverpool) - A strong contender for goal of the season and was unlucky not to get a third goal.
8. Georginio Wijnaldum (Newcastle United) - The Dutchman continues to show his importance to Magpies and should have scored a double if it were not for David de Gea's brilliance in-between the post.
9. Olivier Giroud (Arsenal) - A brace of goals and is really becoming an all round striker for Arsene Wenger's Gunners.
10. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - The "old Rooney" came out to play at St. James' Park and oh what a lovely sight it was for Louis van Gaal.
11. Jermain Defoe (Sunderland) - Not praised enough over the years but Defoe is one of the Premier League's greatest strikers for sure and the 33-year-old proved it against Swansea.
Let us know on Twitter @sport24news who would make your side!
Follow Sport24's Tashreeq Vardien on Twitter: @tash23vard