London - Liverpool are unlikely to make significant additions to their playing staff this summer after last year's massive spending spree, director of football Damien Comolli has confirmed.
The Merseysiders spent an estimated 120 million (191.3 million dollars/143.8 million euros) last year as manager Kenny Dalglish set about laying the foundations for a new era of success at Anfield.
However Comolli is adamant that the lavish spending of 2011 would not repeated this summer, revealing he expects only to make minor adjustments.
"It is early days. We will probably make some adjustments in the summer but nothing that we've done before," Comolli said.
"We signed nine players since Kenny came back so there will be a few adjustments but nothing massive.
"We have done the hard work and now it is a question of making some adjustments in certain positions.
"Kenny has said it several times that we have a very competitive squad and all positions are covered by two or three players, quality players, and we have a lot of young players coming through as well."
Liverpool ended their six-year trophy drought with victory in the League Cup last weekend, and now have their sights fixed on a late charge to secure a top four finish, with a pivotal meeting with Arsenal on Saturday.
"We have a massive game against Arsenal at the weekend," said Comolli.
"The next priority is to win the next game. When you see the results at the weekend with Arsenal beating Spurs we definitely need to win on Saturday," added Comolli, who believes Liverpool will receive a jolt of momentum after their League Cup win over Cardiff.
"We know it will bring us positive dynamic for the rest of the season," he said.
"It is a fantastic way to end February with a trophy already but we know we have a lot to play for until May."