London - Liverpool have been told to raise their offer for Blackpool winger Tom Ince after the Championship club snubbed the Reds' initial approach for the England Under-21 winger.
Ince left Anfield to join Blackpool last year in a £250 000 deal, but his rapid development since then has convinced Reds boss Brendan Rodgers to make the 20-year-old one of his key targets for the January transfer window.
However, Blackpool are determined not to let the son of former Liverpool and Manchester United midfielder Paul Ince leave on the cheap.
Ince has scored 13 goals in 21 league games this season after leading Blackpool to within touching distance of the Premier League last term, when they were beaten by West Ham in the Championship playoff final.
"As far as I'm aware I think there's been a conversation between (chairperson) Karl (Oyston) and Liverpool regarding an offer but, as far as I'm aware, it's way below the type of money we'd expect for someone of Tom's talent," Blackpool boss Michael Appleton told BBC Radio Lancashire on Thursday.
"Obviously the chairman keeps me informed but I think it was just an initial conversation between himself and Liverpool and there was a figure used but obviously it's way below, like I say.
"I wouldn't say I'm resigned to losing him just yet though. There's still a lot of work to be done before anything like that happens."