Everton accept bid for Pienaar
Liverpool - Everton confirmed Friday they have accepted a bid from an unnamed club for South African international Steven Pienaar.
The English Premier League side had received two offers for Pienaar and one had been accepted, Everton boss David Moyes confirmed.
The identity of the clubs was not disclosed but Pienaar was believed to have been in talks with champions Chelsea recently. It has also been reported that Pienaar has signed a pre-contract agreement with a European club.
The likely departure of Pienaar comes as a huge blow to Everton, but with the player out of contract at the end of the season the Toffees had little choice but to cash in during the January window.
"We have had two offers and one of those offers has been accepted," Moyes said at a press conference.
"We have allowed his representatives to speak to the other club, but whether it goes through or not I don't know yet."
Pienaar has been a hit with fans since signing from Borussia Dortmund in 2007 and was named player of the season last year.
Moyes admitted Pienaar's decision to leave had been long-expected.
"I think the player probably decided that when he turned down his contract six months or a year ago, whenever it was," he said.
"But he has done very well for us on the pitch, so we have no complaints."