Cape Town - After the weekend's English Premiership action, Sport24's Wade Pretorius chooses the EPL Team of the Week.
See the English Premiership leading goalscorers HERE!
See all of Week 27 EPL results HERE!
English Premiership Team of the Week 27:
1. Fraser Forster (Southampton) - The England number two made six saves against Chelsea as he helped the Saints to a deserved point at Stamford Bridge.
2. Leandro Bacuna (Aston Villa) - Tim Sherwood has asked the midfielder to play as a makeshift right-back and Bacuna has responded brilliantly and shone against Sunderland.
3. Leighton Baines (Everton) - Everton romped to victory over Newcastle United in a match which also signaled a return to form for Leighton Baines.
4. Martin Skrtel (Liverpool) - Liverpool maintained their excellent run via a clean sheet at the Liberty Stadium. Srktel again the star of the Reds defence.
5. Chris Smalling (Manchester United) - Smalling was immense against Spurs as he kept a rampant Harry Kane very quiet all afternoon.
6. George Boyd (Burnley) - His lone strike was the difference between bottom dwellers Burnley and defending champions, Manchester City, and that's enough to earn him a debut in this side.
7. Michael Carrick (Manchester United) - Pulled the strings for the Red Devils as he made his return to the lineup after injury. Incredibly underrated player.
8. Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal) - Ramsey was back to his brilliant best against West Ham and quite deservedly makes this week's team.
9. Yannick Bolaise (Crystal Palace) - Terrorised the QPR defence and saw his opposite number subbed at halt time. A serious talent who added two assists on the weekend.
10. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - In the team partly due to his performance and partly for his goal celebration. A real knock-out when playing as a striker.
11. Christian Benteke (Aston Villa) - Either Gabriel Agbonlaor or Benteke could've been selected this week. The Belgian snuck in ahead of his teammate after both scored two against Sunderland.
Agree with our Team of the Weekend?
Let us know on Twitter @sport24news or in the comments section below who would make your side!
Follow Sport24's Wade Pretorius on Twitter: @wadepretorius