Cape Town - After the opening weekend's English Premiership action, Sport24's Wade Pretorius chooses the Premier League Team of the Week.
See the English Premiership leading goalscorers HERE!
See all of Week 1 EPL results HERE!
English Premiership Team of the Week 1:
1. Adrian (West Ham) - The Hammers surprised Arsenal at home and Adrian was key to ensuring the victory. One of five goalkeepers to remain unbeaten after week 1.
2. Micah Ricards (Aston Villa) - He may be out of position in this team but the former England international was spot on against Bournemouth on his return to the Premier League.
3. Joe Gomez (Liverpool) - A good debut for Gomez included the assist for Philippe Coutinho's winner away at Stoke City.
4. Chris Smalling (Manchester United) - Smalling was composed and solid for the Red Devils as the managed to hold onto their one goal lead against Spurs.
5. Vincent Kompany (Manchester City) - The Belgian began the new season in the opposite style in which he ended the last one. A pleasing return to form for the City star.
6. Yohan Cabaye (Crystal Palace) - Back in the Premier League and back playing under Alan Pardew, Cabaye was one of several Palace players to shine on opening day.
7. David Silva (Manchester City) - Silva was in splendid form as City breezed past a potentially tricky away fixture on the opening weekend against West Brom.
8. Yaya Toure (Manchester City) - The Ivorian was back to his best as he dominated proceedings against West Brom. A big season for Manchester City is in the pipeline if Toure can build on his performance from Monday night.
9. Ross Barkley (Everton) - Another player after a big season following a sluggish end to last year, the England international earned the Toffees a point with a wonderful goal.
10. Riyad Mahrez - (Leicester City) - A double from Mahrez sees him take a starting role in the Sport24 Team of the Week and rightly so after the Foxes blew the Black Cats away.
11. Rudy Gestede (Aston Villa) - While the big name strikers in the league struggled on the opening weekend, the French striker came off the bench to net the winner against Bournemouth.
Agree with our Team of the Weekend? Let us know on Twitter @sport24news or in the comments section below who would make your side!
Follow Sport24's Wade Pretorius on Twitter: @wadepretorius