Corinthians deny Tevez deal

2011-07-18 18:46

London - No deal has yet been agreed to bring Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez to Corinthians, the Brazilian club announced on Monday.

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini had said earlier on Monday that there was an "agreement" between the two clubs for the transfer pending the Argentinian securing his personal terms.

But Corinthians president Andres Sanchez denied any such agreement had been reached, saying City "did not accept Corinthians' proposal for the footballer".

"For the moment there is nothing concrete on Tevez and the counter-proposal will be examined (by Sanchez) and the board," the club said.

According to Sanchez, City sent Corinthians a counter-proposal in which "it asks for changes in the form of payment and the total value of the transaction."

Furthermore, Manchester City insisted that Tevez renounce a sum outstanding with the English club.