London - David Beckham has refused to rule out the possibility of resurrecting his England career after making a successful return from injury for the Los Angeles Galaxy.
The 35-year-old icon took to the field for the first time in six months on Saturday, coming on as a substitute in the Galaxy's 3-1 defeat of Major League Soccer rivals Columbus Crew.
England manager Fabio Capello created a controversy last month after indicating Beckham was too old to feature in his plans for the Euro 2012 qualifying campaign.
But Beckham told Sky Sports News in an interview he still wanted to be considered by Capello.
"I'd like to be available to play for England," Beckham said. "If I'm fit then I'm sure the (England) manager will consider me."
Beckham would almost certainly have played in his fourth World Cup this year but was ruled out after snapping an achilles tendon while playing for AC Milan in March.
The former Manchester United and Real Madrid star admitted he feared he might never play again after the injury.
"As positive a person as I am when I did the injury there are doubts that go through your mind. 'Am I ever going to play again?'" he said. "When you have a serious injury like this it does cross your mind."