Becks rules out management
Melbourne - Former England captain David Beckham has ruled out moving into management, saying it holds no interest for him.
The footballing superstar, in Melbourne for what may be his last match as a Los Angeles Galaxy player, missed the 2010 Soccer World Cup through injury but went to South Africa as part of England's back-room staff.
Asked by the Melbourne Herald Sun if he had ambitions to manage one day, he replied: "None whatsoever.
"I didn't like it at all," he added of his time on the sidelines at the World Cup, where he acted as a mediator between management and the players.
"I don't know how managers and coaches do it. I love working with kids and coaching kids, but being a manager is one of those things that has never interested me.
"I enjoyed being part of that whole experience, but being on the sidelines was difficult."
Beckham, 36, is about to come out of contract with LA Galaxy and is believed to be weighing up a huge offer to play for French club Paris Saint-Germain, or stay in the United States.
He said other offers were also on the table, although he has previously ruled out a return to England, saying he could not envisage playing for any side other than Manchester United.
"I've had other offers, which is nice, especially when you're 36, some people would say towards the end of my career," he said.
"I've got options and offers but I'm still a Galaxy player right now and that might not change."
He said a decision would be made in the next few weeks.
"I said I wanted to wait until the end of the season and it is the end of the season now, so I need to take some down time and decide what I need to do next."
The Galaxy are on the last leg of an Asian tour that has taken them to Indonesia, the Philippines and Australia.
Beckham's five-year contract with LA Galaxy expires on December 31.