Beckham admits frustration
Milan - David Beckham admitted on Friday he has become frustrated over the protracted transfer saga surrounding his proposed move from Los Angeles Galaxy to AC Milan.
Beckham's mood was not helped by Milan's departure from the UEFA Cup on Thursday night as once again they blew a lead before crashing out of Europe's second-tier competition to Werder Bremen.
Milan were 2-0 up at half-time but the Germans fought back to draw 2-2 and qualify for the next round on the away goals rule after a 1-1 draw in the first leg.
But it is the uncertainty surrounding his proposed permanent move to Milan that has left the on-loan Galaxy player feeling blue.
Asked if he was frustrated, Beckham simply replied: "Of course. There's a lot going on and a lot being said and every day there's someone asking me questions.
"It is being said every day but so far I've been able to concentrate on the football."
However, Beckham admitted that he felt in the dark over the transfer and said he knew of no new developments.
Last week Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani said the Italian giants would not be increasing their reported three million dollars bid for the 33-year-old former England captain.
That was a bid that Galaxy described as "ridiculous", claiming it would not even come close to covering the amount they would lose should Beckham leave Major League Soccer.
Galliani had said that Milan would be prepared to wait until October or November when Beckham could invoke a get-out clause and leave Los Angeles for free.
At the moment he is due to return to Galaxy on March 9 but that is not something he wants to consider.
"You're better off asking someone else about that because it doesn't change me wanting to play at this club and I'm sure it doesn't change other people's desire for me to stay and play for this club either, so we'll just have to wait and see," he said.
"At the moment it’s all just being discussed and negotiated."
Last week the former Manchester United and Real Madrid star had said he thought something would happen this week while insisting that he is determined to remain in the Italian fashion capital.
"I want to stay at Milan, I've not heard anything from Galaxy but when it's like that you could say it could be good news," he said after the 1-0 win over Cagliari.