Soccer

Balotelli out with conjunctivitis

2012-08-13 15:02
Mario Balotelli (File)

Rome - Italy forward Mario Balotelli has withdrawn from manager Cesare Prandelli's squad for Wednesday's friendly against England due to conjunctivitis, the Italian football federation said on Monday.

A statement on the federation website (www.figc.it) said the Manchester City forward had been replaced by Udinese's Diego Fabbrini for the match in Berne.

Balotelli, who scored three goals at Euro 2012 as his side finished runners-up in the tournament, was also absent from City's Community Shield win over Chelsea on Sunday due to the eye infection.

The Italians face England who will be without first-choice goalkeeper Joe Hart (back), forward Daniel Sturridge (toe) and winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (ankle), after all three withdrew through injury.

Read more on:    mario balotelli  |  soccer
NEXT ON SPORT24X

Man City sign Benjamin Mendy

2017-07-24 14:33

What To Read Next

 

Read News24’s Comments Policy

24.com publishes all comments posted on articles provided that they adhere to our Comments Policy. Should you wish to report a comment for editorial review, please do so by clicking the 'Report Comment' button to the right of each comment.

Comment on this story
2 comments
Comments have been closed for this article.
Live Video Streaming
Video Highlights
Sport Talk

 
 
Men
Women
Love 2 Meet
Sport24 on Twitter

Follow Sport24 news on Twitter

Featured

The Proteas are currently on tour in England, involved in a four-Test series with their hosts. How will they fare? Stay glued to Sport24 to find out!

Latest blogs
Vote

Do you think SAFA made the right choice in appointing Stuart Baxter as head coach of Bafana Bafana?

Twitter Follow Sport24 on Twitter

Facebook "Like" Sport24's Facebook page

WIN Enter and win with Sport24!

BlackBerry Stay in the loop on your BlackBerry

RSS Feeds Sport news delivered really simply.

 
There are new stories on the homepage. Click here to see them.