Cape Town - Five facts ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations Group C match between Senegal and South Africa in Mongomo.
Read: Must Shakes ring the changes?
1. The Senegalese Teranga Lions and Bafana Bafana have met once in the Cup of Nations, drawing 1-1 during the group stage in Ghana seven years ago.
2. South Africa have a poor second-match record in the African football showcase, winning only three, drawing two and losing three, including a four-goal drubbing by Nigeria at the 2004 tournament.
3. Senegal also struggled when it came to second matches at the Cup of Nations, losing 1-0 to Ghana, 3-1 to Angola and 2-1 to Equatorial Guinea in their last three appearances.
4. Former France star Alain Giresse, who guided Gabon to the 2010 tournament and Mali to third place two years later, is coach of Senegal, whose best showing was finishing 2002 runners-up.
5. South Africa coach Ephraim 'Shakes' Mashaba took six suitcases of clothes to the tournament, saying he would need them because his team were destined to reach the February 8 final.