Vodacom Super Rugby
Rebels end Cipriani's ban
Melbourne - The Melbourne Rebels have lifted Danny Cipriani's suspension and the former England flyhalf will be available for selection this weekend, the Super Rugby club said on Monday.
Cipriani was originally omitted from the squad for breaking a team curfew in early May and his exclusion was extended to a fourth match last week because of undisclosed "issues" with the 23-year-old's management team.
The Rebels, who signed him to a two-year deal ahead of their entry into Super rugby this year, have struggled in his absence and are bottom of the standings with two matches to play in the regular season.
"Following detailed consultation between Danny Cipriani, his management, RUPA (Rugby Union Players Association) and the ... Rebels, it was resolved that Danny's current suspension will be lifted," the team said in a statement.
"Danny has returned to training ... and will be available for selection in this week's game against the Brumbies. Both parties have agreed that no further public comment will be made and confidentiality will be respected."
Cipriani's representatives were reported in the British media to be offering his services around European clubs as it became increasing unlikely he would fulfill his contract in Melbourne.
The talented 23-year-old made the move to Australia in an attempt to resurrect his career after falling out of favour with the England management.
Some promising early performances were undermined, however, by an incident when he was asked to leave a Melbourne night club after taking a bottle of vodka from the bar without paying.
Fined A$5 000 ($5 335) by the Rebels for that incident, Cipriani then agreed to be stood down from the squad when he broke a team curfew on consecutive nights and missed a training session.