Cape Town - Utility back Dillyn Leyds is
back at training and will be available for the Stormers' Super Rugby clash
against the Cheetahs this weekend.
Leyds missed his team’s 15-13 win over the
Bulls at the weekend with a shoulder injury but he passed a fitness test at the
High Performance Centre (HPC) in Bellville on Monday.
The Stormers will head to Bloemfontein on
Friday ahead of their clash at the Free State Stadium on Saturday (17:05 kick-off).
The full Stormers injury report on Monday:
- Utility back Dillyn Leyds (shoulder) is
fit for selection after coming through a fitness test and training on Monday.
- No 8 Duane Vermeulen took a blow to his
shoulder against the Bulls, but it was nothing more than a stinger. He is 100%
- Vice-captain and centre Juan de Jongh did
not train on Monday - as the coaching and medical staff continue to manage him
- but he is 100% fit to play.
- Loose forward Nizaam Carr (knock to his
knee) and centre Damian de Allende (recovery day) did not train, but neither
are in doubt for this weekend.
- Flank Michael Rhodes (hamstring) started
treadmill running on Monday. He could be back after the bye weekend (May
- Utility back Jaco Taute (knee) has
re-joined full training and could get some game time in the Vodacom Cup next
- Wing Kobus van Wyk will be in a knee
brace for one more week before his rehabilitation commences. He is still out of
action for another five weeks.